Reference Number: APCR505
Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are currently looking for a Body Understructures Lead Engineer to support the development of body structures.
- Design and development of body structural parts
- Responsible for laying out initial schemes for BIW crash load path structures and joint conditions.
- Create 3D data and 2D drawings using CATIA V5 and other Engineering development tools.
- Support design feasibility studies for new projects from early concepts to engineering release
- Cost & Mass control/management required.
- Good knowledge of competitor lead path solutions
- Good understanding of latest material usage for crash and strength requirements
- Solutions must support system/project targets including quality, cost/mass or performance.
- Support for benchmark of competitive vehicles for trends, support vehicle teardown activities to analyze components and report findings. There will be an expectation for knowledge of market and legal trends/requirements.
- Knowledge of mechanical, industrial, manufacturing or stamping engineering design and processes.
- Flexibility to support visits to the Shanghai office or other destinations when required
- In-depth experience in body engineering, CAD and CATIA V5