Ref No: RGCR482
Job Type: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are currently looking for a Senior Designer who will join the Design Department.
- Responsible for generating creative design ideas for both exterior and interior as necessary. This will be in the form of 2D Concept Sketches, Renderings (both manually and on Photoshop) to a given design brief for management review and Theme Selection.
- To work with Alias Modellers, Engineering Departments and Suppliers to create feasible ‘A’ Class Surface to Surface Sign-Off.
- Support the programme to maintain the design integrity through SRM and TRM phases and sign-offs and in some cases all the way to First Off Parts and Start of Production.
- Ensuring all 3D model generation is performed in relation to package and feasibility data.
- Ensuring all model creation is performed to the satisfaction of the design management.
- Ensuring high quality presentation of all work in the appropriate media.
- Assisting the design team to reach acceptable and feasible style proposals.
- Excellent manual drawing and rendering techniques.
- Excellent use of Photoshop for creating presentation renderings.
- Use of 3D knowledge to deliver the best design possible to achieve the approved style.
- Experience of working within OEM or graduate level.
- Good broad knowledge of 3D and willing to assist in the solving of design problems
- Excellent creative ideas generation.
- Able to make design input with benefit of 3D experience.
- Excellent IT skills.
- The ability to operate in multicultural environment requiring patience & understanding
- Knowledge of design process.
- Excellent communication skills with design team and possibly senior management
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment or internationally located design studio.
- Experience working with engineering data and packaging hard points.
- An awareness of the necessary engineering requirements (draft angle, die-line etc).