Ref No: APCR456
Job Type: PERM/CONTRACT
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are looking for a “IT Infrastructure System Engineer” who will join the IT department.
- Responsible for support, development, configuration and management\administration of our existing server technologies – Windows, UNIX, Linux and VMware
- Responsible for support, development, configuration and management\administration of our existing SAN storage technologies
- Responsible for configuration and support of applications installed on server systems where necessary
- Develop plans for further streamlining increased efficiency of our infrastructure systems to reduce cost and increase service performance
- Providing design and planning support for the development of new systems
- Ensuring systems and support processes are correctly documented to a high standard
- Management of data stored on server systems and SAN’s – data storage space, resilience, archiving, backups
- Administration of application license daemons
Technical – Essential Skills
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003\2008\2012 infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management\administration
- Solaris and Red Hat infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management\administration
- VMware infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management\administration
- SAN design, deployment, configuration and management\administration, ideally IBM infrastructure
- TCP\IP networking knowledge including router, firewall and switch configuration and management.
- Strong experience of backup technologies and processes, ideally Symantec NetBackup
- Active Directory design, configuration and management\administration
- Experience of maintaining a secure infrastructure.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Administration scripting experience to include VB, Powershell and UNIX shell scripts. VBA also desirable.
- Demonstrable ability to create technical and user-based documentation to an excellent standard to assist in management, use, and disaster recovery of systems.
- Knowledge of various floating network license technologies such as FlexLM
Technical – Highly Desirable Skills
- Experience of Automotive CAD system administration, especially Dassault Systems Catia V5, Siemens Teamcenter Engineering, PTC Creo
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 administration experience
- An excellent level of education or experience, especially in the sphere of Information Technology and the Automotive Industry. Automotive Industry experienced is preferred.
- Microsoft, VMware and Red Hat certifications are expected
- A degree level qualification is preferable
- An analytical ability to understand our business requirements and convert them into technological solutions, enabling better services to be delivered to the user base.
- Highly motivated with a proven track record in an Infrastructure Systems Engineer role
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal for discussing ideas with colleagues from technical and non-technical roles; and written for user base communications and systems documentation.
- A methodical and accurate approach to tasks.
- Ability to work well in a small team environment.
- Be willing to update skills in line with developments within the automotive industry and the business.
- An excellent understanding of how automation and technology exploitation can reduce cost and improve service.
- Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
- Experience of working to international standards such as ITIL and ISO.
- Experience of working in a change controlled environment