Ref No: RGCR458
Job Type: Contract
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They currently have an opportunity for a ISP Body Structures Engineer to support all projects developing body structure solutions meeting all body performance targets within timing requirements.
- Good knowledge of competitor vehicle body structure solutions
- Ability to critique/generate Catia drawings and models.
- Support design feasibility studies for new projects from early concepts to engineering release.
- Good Cost Mass control/management
- Support all timing requirements, vehicle producing robust solutions
- Create and present technical reports to communicate project status and results to cross functional teams and management.
- Create a strong communication link between the UK office and Shanghai
- Lead route cause analysis body related development issues
- Responsibility for developing engineers and departmental capability through coaching, support development of standards, design guidelines etc.
- Solutions must support system/project targets including quality, cost/mass or performance
- Support for benchmark of competitive vehicles for trends, support vehicle teardown activities to analyze components. There will be an expectation for knowledge of market and legal trends/requirements.
- In-depth experience in body engineering, CAD and CATIA V5
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.