Ref No: AKCR389
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to facilitate and assist the development of existing and new products for our Client.
- The role will be responsible for design, development and implementation of full service supply of mechanical automotive systems and will support in the development of current technology products to help grow the manufacturing portfolio.
- To control and coordinate all areas to ensure they deliver their contribution to a programme by the required date.
- Day to day responsibility for technical support Customer RFQ’s and/or assigned projects Customer delivery.
- Acting as Project Leader for assigned projects.
Key characteristics of the role:
- Willingness to coach others in the application of the tools and techniques.
- Excellent influencer with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic, results orientated, self motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to develop networks with Customers and Suppliers.
Excellent knowledge and experience of the design & development of a mechanical automotive system, for example on a GPDS (or equivalent) program either at the vehicle manufacturer or a tier one supplier
Knowledge & Skills
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing & commercial principles.
- Proven track record in Project Management within a manufacturing environment.
- Background of Product Development centred on mechanical automotive systems.
- Experience of prototype requirements would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of industry standard tools such as FMEA, APQP, DoE, GDT, plus quality tools (Taguchi, SPC etc).
- Proactive with an ability to seek out commercial opportunities and to secure the delivery of these into the business.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Confident and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Proven creative problem solving skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MS Project.
- Fluent in written and spoken German would be a key advantage.
- Proven planning and organisational skills.
- Full UK driving licence.