Ref No: RGCR349
Job Type: Permanent
An Automotive Manufacturer based in the West Midlands is seeking an Electrical Component Engineer to be responsible for writing electrical specifications, putting together RFQs, sourcing electrical components, ensuring validation is complete, producing DVP and FMEAs, and managing the supplier delivery of Body Control Units, Switches, Displays and Infotainment Systems.
The role covers local projects as well as projects at our client’s parent company in India, therefore you will be required to travel to India up to once a quarter.
- Developing automotive electrical component specifications with world leading attributes
- Supporting RFQ submissions
- Deriving DFMEA and DVP for components
- Managing supplier deliveries against agreed timelines
- Delivering interface specifications and ensuring compatibility with other related vehicle system components
- Working with the packaging team to integrate components into the vehicle
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates will have experience in Electronics Engineering who can understand the whole box , ideally down to circuit level and who can challenge the suppliers to ensure they are getting the highest possible quality parts
- Electrical or electronics design or development background
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in automotive in a similar role
- Ideally some practical testing skills