Ref No: RGCR348
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Job Type: Permanent
Our Client based in the West Midlands is seeking a Senior Craftsmanship Engineer to work on new platform development and facelift programme. Our Client is seeking to elevate the quality of the craftsmanship of their passenger car vehicles to compete more closely with competitors in the Indian automotive market in which they workk. Alongside this you will also be seeking to elevate the product for a European market.
This role will be focused around developing locator strategies, being hands on in guiding engineers in the design process, getting involved in tooling selection and developing the DM techniques within our clients business. Our client is seeking someone who has had experience of working through 2 vehicle development programme cycles as a minimum.
Due to the nature of the role dealing with vehicles for both European and Indian markets, you will be required to travel to our clients parent company in India up to a maximum of 4 times a year.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting program and manufacturing teams with DM activities
- Supporting 3D tolerance analysis using VIS VSA
- Development of PLP, GD&T and process direction toward meeting dimensional targets and functional objectives
- Supporting the closure of dimensional issues
- Supporting the craftsmanship deliverables through to development/engineering signoff of the vehicle
- Benchmarking locator strategies for competitor vehicles
- Supporting Optical Quality and Perceived Quality development and assessment activities
- Supporting maturation activities using part co-ordination fixture and environmental cubing
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in DM role within automotive
- Enthusiasm, you will want to develop your career and be a Senior Manager of the future
- Be able to provide strong examples of previous work on projects (what went well, where improvements could be made, what particular challenges they face)
- Experience of working on the concept phase of project
- Seen at least two projects through from cradle to grave
- CAD / Catia knowledge
- CAE knowledge