Ref No: RGCR350
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Job Type: Contract
An Automotive Manufacturer based in Coventry is seeking a Junior Surfacing Engineer with at least 2 years industry experience, good design and engineering awareness and knowledge of 3D CAD design (any of the following: Catia, Ideas, Solidworks etc). Although this is an automotive role it is not essential for the successful candidate to come from this background.
This is an excellent opportunity for development as you will be mentored by a member of the team in order to develop your surfacing skills as well as receiving training on ICEM-Surf to support the concept phase design and development of new vehicle derivatives.
Our client works on projects for its parent company in India and therefore travel to India will be required but this is not likely to exceed 2-3 trips per year.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the vehicle program Craftsmanship and Dimensional Management team with 2D and 3D section drawings in Catia
- Evaluating and critiquing surface geometry developed by the Design Studio to ensure technical standards are achieved
- Developing and supporting local surface models in ICEM surf to illustrate engineer/craftsmanship proposed solutions
- Supporting optical quality reviews
- Supporting the closure of dimensional issues
- Supporting Craftsmanship deliverables through to development/engineering signoff of the vehicle
- Supporting Optical Quality and Perceived Quality development and assessment activities
- Representing the Craftsmanship team at meetings
- Supporting and representing Craftsmanship at Build Events in the UK and India
- Benchmarking of competitor vehicles and reporting findings
- Supporting the development of design rules/best practices to secure the delivery of targets
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 years industry experience in a similar role. The position would also suit someone coming out of a 2 year graduate scheme seeking the development of their career
- 3D CAD skills
- If you have some exposure to ICEM Surf, this would be advantageous but not essential 3D CAD skills
- If you have some exposure to ICEM Surf, this would be advantageous but not essential