Ref. Number: RGDCPD01
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 plus commission
Location: Home Based, with visits to HQ in Stoke on Trent when required. Usually 2/3 days out in the field, the rest at home compiling reports
Type of Job: Permanent
Paramex are seeking a Sales Engineer to work in the North West of the UK for our client who is a leading UK manufacturer of dust control and air filtration systems.Reporting to the Northern Area Sales Manager you will maintain close working relationships with Clients, Contracts Engineers, Sales Managers and the sales team. You will have direct responsibility for the North West England sales territory.
You will be responsible for maintaining, developing and expanding the existing client base regarding the sale of process filtration solutions, dust collectors and complete turn-key systems.
The position is Home Based, with visits to HQ in Stoke on Trent when required. Typically you will spend 2/3 days out in the field and the rest at home compiling reports.
The positions geographical area covers Cheshire, North Wales up to the Scottish borders across to the West Pennines.
- Client visits and site surveys to appraise technical requirements for proposed solutions
- Prepare engineered solutions from tenders or site meetings in a clear and concise way for submittal to the internal sales support department including site sketches, ductwork layout drawings, filter selection and specifications, fan pressure drop calculation etc
- Where necessary, produce complete quotations
- Responsibility for sale from initial point of contact with client to point of order
- Maintain and develop existing clients to ensure maximum sale potential and understanding of our product and service offering
- Expand and develop the existing sales territory in terms of new clients and opportunities
- Regular reporting to sales manager of prospects, opportunities and other sales related statistics
To manage and develop the existing North West sales territory with the following aims and responsibilities:
- Proven track record in an external customer facing technical sales role
- Well-developed customer service skills, including direct customer engagement in a commercial business-to-business environment dealing with both resale and OEM clients as well as direct end users
- Strong working background in an engineering estimating role, ideally within Dust Control
- Understanding of ductwork design and installation
- High level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other contemporary proprietary IT support software
- Ability to work unsupervised and high level of self-motivation
- Strong ambition to maintain, develop and expand sales territory
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Good planning and organisational skills
- A full (preferably clean) driving licence
This is a permanent position benefits will include a pension, PRP Bonus scheme, car, phone, laptop