Ref. Number: RGPCBM01
Type of Job: Contract
Paramex are searching for a MAYA Look Development Artist, to be based on a client site in the Northwest. We are seeking someone with strong generalist / modeller / texture / lighting artist’s skills and an understanding of physically based shading and rendering. There will be the opportunity of an immediate start for the successful candidate. This is a long term contract position.
In this role you will be responsible for the modelling of soft trim luxury automotive interiors and exterior parts from released engineering 2D / 3D reference and scan data. You will develop virtual environments, materials, shaders and lighting for the rendering of Hyper Real images for a luxury automotive car configurator and other personalised CGI media including sets for Real Time Motion Capture from photography, drawings and scans.
You may have previously worked as a texture artist, look development artist or 3D generalist and you will have proven experience of using Maya in production CGI environments, demonstrating an ability to create complex and accurate models from 2D reference, and 3D scan data.
Applicants presenting photo realistic car configurator work will be reviewed with prority.
- Working on the lighting, shading, and rendering of images with a set deadline to customer quality standards
- Assist with the creation of documentation for lighting guidelines and techniques
Implement workflow, scripts and tools as needed.
- Communicate with other team members on concerns and production issues ahead of time.
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture
- Minimum 5 years professional look dev / texturing / shading experience in VFX, working on live-action feature films and or TV commercials
- An extensive reel demonstrating a wide range of organic and hard surface models with clean and efficient topology
- Strong demonstrable experience with Maya and Arnold
- Strong LookDev skills (both artistically and technically), with an excellent understanding of physically based shading and rendering
- Excellent attention to detail and photorealism
- Expert knowledge of 3D production pipelines
- Quick and efficient UV and texture skills for texturing assets
- Real world understanding of proportion, depth, scale, and physical space. So that what is built is accurate to the real world.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset
- Must have experience creating and manipulating shading networks and defining templates for other artists
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, and C++ scripting
- Shader writing experience
- Experience in Cloth and Hair simulation a plus
- German language a plus