Ref. Number: RGGHPG01
Type of Job: Permanent
Paramex Limited are seeking a Production Cost Proposal Engineer on a perma-nent basis to work for one of our Clients based in Coventry. Our Client is a market leader in the bespoke manufacturing of low series production panels, assemblies and prototypes, specialising in tool design, sheet metal prototype production, manu-facturing projects, niche vehicle projects and product development for Customers across the Automotive, Aeronautical, Rail and Defence industries.
This position will focus on our clients low to medium volume BIW stampings and assemblies.
- Provide estimates for part cost and tooling to support proposals for customer quo-tation requests
- Liaise with sales and support with customer negotiations
- Liaise with internal departments for information and support
- Technical liaison with supplier companies for quotations
- Ability to define process methods for individual parts and assemblies.
- Ability to estimate process times and material requirements
- Ability to Estimate tool, jig and other investment costs required
- Compiling cost summaries in QAF format
- General understanding of computer use with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
- Good level of understanding of Excel
- Basic understanding of CAD and CAD reader packages
- Time served apprenticeship
- HNC/Degree or equivalent
- UK driving license