Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. They have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve their growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company. They are currently recruiting for a Design Analyst on a Contract or Permanent Basis.
- Responsible for the Performance simulation and Analysis conducted in support of all of our clients Advanced Engine design and development activities,
- Supporting the team with their simulation requirements
- Ensuring that the correct predictive tools are used at the appropriate time.
- Develop the use of new simulation techniques and methodologies within the department.
- Developing skills within the team, to identify future simulation needs.
- Ensuring all data, models and results are appropriately documented.
- Technical management of simulation projects performed by external suppliers, including:
- oSupporting RFQ preparation /RFQ responses
- oTechnical supervision and control
- oAssisting in supplier liaison and supplier technical development
- oSolving any product technical issues with the aid of fellow engineers
- oProviding regular project status reports to Senior Management
- Coaching/training of fellow engineers and provision of technical advice in order to resolve issues
Advanced study of potential future technologies, identifying opportunities, benefits and limitations
System level calculations for base engine and engine systems
Interpretation of results
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience of gasoline engine performance simulation with specific case study examples
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Fundamental understanding of thermo-fluids and mechanical processes and loadings within gasoline and diesel engines
- Expertise and experience in following software is essential:
- Knowledge and experience of the following software would be advantageous:
- Ability to interpret and analyse results using specialist tools, plus spreadsheets/databases
- Structured approach to problem solving, 8D / DFSS
- The ability to adapt and use available software tools to solve unique problems
- The understanding of hybrid applications/systems and the energy balance associated would be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc.) including previous data logging software
- Good working knowledge of engineering processes and process change
- An awareness of multi-cultural teams
- Technical report writing skill
- Good communication skills, able to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, patient and determined.
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment
- Demonstrable business acumen & awareness
- Experience of supplier management & negotiation
- Good organisational & prioritisation skills
- Able to travel overseas as the business needs dictate
GT Suite specifically GT-power
STAR-CCM+ (preferred)/ FLUENT / Ricardo Vectis and suitable related model generation and results viewing programmes