Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. They have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve their growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company. They are currently recruiting for a Powertrain Applications Programme Manager..
- To develop / create PTA plans including budget / timing
- Ensuring all programme and PTA gateway deliverables are met and clearly presented back to the relevant project manager as well as Department Director
- To Project Manage all aspects of PTA tasks within both the International and Engines workstreams ensuring budgets / timing are fully agreed Globally
- To support Senior Management in the development and delivery of a robust Product Definition Specification to meet future Powertrain and Vehicle requirements, including legislation driven tasks
- Ensuring project plans are in place, at a component, system and vehicle level.
- Leadership of budget and resource planning, creation and maintenance.
- Highlight any deviation from plan at the earliest opportunity and instigate recovery plans.
- Ensuring that the team has the necessary tools, processes and leadership to achieve the deliverables at each phase.
- Ensuring that the correct predictive / analysis resources are used at the appropriate time.
- Ensure competitor benchmarking strategy is appropriately defined and conducted
- Support the strategy development with potential Suppliers, from a project management perspective
- Responsible for developing plans to ensure all PTA activities are conducted within the required programme timing and GVDP Gateway process
- Managing and motivating a team of engineers to consistently meet all targets
- Driving forward innovation, best practice – including lessons learnt – and ensuring programme feasibility activities support the needs of the Business
- Ensuring robust specifications are released to support all requirements of future IP and EN products and platforms
- Fully engage PT Integration Application team in all programme proposals
- Ensuring to provide the Powertrain Deputy Director with status reports as required.
- Initiate and run departmental project reviews for effective progress tracking of IP and EN programmes, including Global VSE’s.
- Developing skills through coaching and identifying and implementing training requirements within the team.
- Support RFQ preparation / RFQ responses as required with Deputy Director
- Fully support technical responses to our client’s site in China and engineer training in the UK
- Significant project management experience – at least 4 full product cycles experience of Powertrain Engineering
- Good working knowledge of PT Systems.
- Excellent IT skills & high level ability of appropriate software applications (Excel, MS Project etc).
- Ability to provide effective liaison across functions
- Detailed working knowledge of the automotive industry Quality and Product Change Processes, SMTC Engineering working knowledge preferred.
- Minimum HND or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- Detailed working knowledge and use of FMEA process and ability to lead process as applied to application systems.
- Structured and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to manage and work under challenging conditions in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent technical report writing, presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Excellent communication skills, able to interact at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, patient and determined.
- Full driving licence
- Prepared to work overseas as the business needs require