Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. They have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve their growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company. They are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer – Engine Fluid Systems . In this role you will be responsible for the product design within the cooling and lubrication functional grouping
business, prepare documentation for discussion.
- Creator of designs that satisfy the requirements of the Product Design Specification in the business recognised CAD platform
- Ensure that the product design is compatible with the other functional groups
- Balance all the product attributes so that the key business parameters are satisfied
- Initially an integrator of proprietary components, then expanding into original designs as technical capability enhances
- At least 3 years experience of Petrol engine design, specifically on cooling and lubrication systems.
- Ability to carry out basic design calculations relating to fluid systems to guide concept designs.
- A working knowledge of high volume production processes
- Degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Proficient in Catia v5; including solid modelling, surfacing and drawings.
- Working level knowledge of TeamCentre beneficial.
- Familiar with Design Office systems
- BS8888 geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Design For Assembly experience.
- MS Office suite
- Knowledge of CFD would be a distinct advantage
- GT Suite with specific knowledge of GT Cool would be a distinct advantage
- Willing and able to visit China for periods of time as part of a global team
- Supplier interface skills.
- Prepared to challenge the ‘status quo’ through an inquisitive nature.
- Attention to detail and good communication skills.
- Ability to plan activities through continually changing priorities whilst recognising the wider business need.
- A team player.
- Enthusiastic, self- motivated and determined to succeed.
- Full driving licence.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by our client