Type of Job:Contract
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are looking for a Chassis Engineer to join their team in Shanghai
- Liaise with CN and UK teams, develop and maintain project plans and ensure the flow of information between CN and UK teams.
- Ensuring work plans are in place, at a component, system and vehicle level, and ensure programme targets are achieved on time by the UK team, CN team and suppliers.
- Leadership of budget and resource planning, creation and maintenance.
- Highlight any deviation from plan at the earliest opportunity and instigate recovery plans.
- Ensuring that the team has the necessary tools, processes and leadership to achieve the deliverables at each phase.
Skills and knowledge required
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
- Proven project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to provide effective liaison across functions.
- Detailed knowledge & experience of Chassis systems and components in terms of performance, validation and delivery.
- Flexible and motivated to deliver results within a global team.
- Ability to manage and work under challenging conditions in a multi-cultural environment. Understanding of business structures, processes and requirements.
- Experience of communication and presentation at all levels of the business.
- Experience of supplier development, and ability to adapt designs to the capabilities of the supply base.
- Advanced-level driving and vehicle evaluation skills would be an advantage.
- Willing to travel within China and to UK or other global markets as required.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided as required.
- Familiarity with IT systems & typical software (Excel, MS Project etc.).