Type of Job:Contract
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are looking for a Body Engineer to lead and manage body and development programmes.
- Providing engineering project management support for new projects on behalf of body.
- Chairing/supporting body focused meetings tracking of projects progress
- Support design feasibility studies for new projects from early concepts to engineering release.
- Cost Mass control/management essential
- Support all project gateway deliverables, timing, mass, cost, supplier selection processes, engineering releases, styling feasibility support and liaison, CAE releases etc.
- Adopting recognised companywide and body specific quality processes.
- Create and present technical reports to communicate project status and results to cross functional teams and management.
- Create a strong communication link between the UK office and Shanghai
- Responsibility for developing engineers and departmental capability through coaching, support development of standards, design guidelines etc.
- Support for benchmark of competitive vehicles for trends, support vehicle teardown activities to analyze components. There will be an expectation for knowledge of market and legal trends/requirements.
- Ability to work with other cultures and generate excellent working relationships during times of high demands.
Skills and knowledge required
- In depth experience in Body engineering. +CAD experience