Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are currently looking for a Lead Interior Designer who create and lead Interior Design proposals in the Design department in the UK.
- Responsible for sponsoring and producing creative design ideas for both interior products, as necessary. This will be in any creative form appropriate for the effective communication of design concepts and ideas for management review and approval.
- To provide creative leadership and direction for Designers, Alias modellers, Clay Modellers and all Engineering
- Departments and Suppliers engaged in the creation of feasible 3D data and design properties which satisfy the approved design brief.
- To ensure Design proposals meet feasibility requirements through development of concepts via engagement with Engineering Departments and suppliers.
- Responsible for development of approved Designs through Concept, ‘A’ Class Surfacing and Verification Models to Sign-Off.
- Overall accountability for the quality and integrity of the work results.
- Overall accountability for the effective operation and ongoing development of the Function.
- Promote safety and safe working practices within the Studio ensuring compliance to the relevant Health and Safety at Work Act
Scope of the Job
- Creative, Clear and concise generation of ideas
- Use of all and any available design techniques
- High quality visualisation of ideas through sketch, rendering and 3D development.
- Use of Sketching, Adobe Photoshop, Alias and Adobe Illustrator for creating appropriate presentations
- Ensuring all 3D model generation is performed in relation to package and feasibility data.
- Ensuring all model creation is performed to the satisfaction of the design senior management.
- Ensuring high quality presentation of all work in the appropriate media.
- Effective leadership of the design team to deliver acceptable and feasible style proposals
- Use of all ava
- able 3D knowledge to deliver the best design possible to achieve the approved style.
- A strong appreciation for global market requirements to be enhanced by understanding regional customer requirements
Skills and knowledge required:
- Creative, Confident, Passionate, Inspiring, Open-minded
- Significant experience in Automotive Design- several years experience within OEM environment
- Some experience of team management and staff development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (to include some PR)
- Good Broad knowledge of 3D
- Able to make design input with benefit of 3D experience.
- Excellent IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications (Alias/VRED/ and any industry standard software)
- The ability to operate in multi cultural environment requiring patience & understanding
- Good Knowledge of design process
- Excellent communication skills with design team and senior management
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment
- Highly developed organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company