Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are looking for a steering engineer to support the Steering System Expert Engineer.
- Ensuring global requirements are taken into account in steering system strategy planning and supplier nomination
- Identifying steering system requirements through whole vehicle and system benchmarking
- Generation of System Specifications for Steering Systems
- Generation of Test and Validation plans for Steering Systems
- Conducting full concept layout of EPS or HPS systems
- Support the tuning of steering systems by provision of appropriate test parts
- Support test procedures in workshop and at proving grounds
- Support functions development and steering system tuning in the vehicle
- Management of CAD resource to deliver steering system 3D data at all stages of project
- Assisting China team in problem solving and technical issues
- Significant Engineering Experience of HPS and EPS steering systems
- Experience of setting engineering targets at vehicle, system and component level
- Experience in vehicle dynamics and system modelling using Matlab/Simulink
- Capability of chassis systems tuning using CANape and INCA tools
- Familiarity with K&C test procedure
- Experience in developing safety related systems
- A sound specific component and system knowledge with a broad understanding of vehicle integration and the overall
- Vehicle delivery process
- An ability to operate across national and cultural boundaries requiring sensitivity and understanding but on occasions technical leadership in focussed skill areas.
- Able and willing to travel and provide coaching.
- Knowledge of change management activities and processes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within all functions including board level.
- A flexible, positive, enthusiastic, open minded and committed attitude, and able to deliver in difficult and changing circumstances.
- Excellent organisational & prioritisation skills.
- Vehicle driving and assessment skills are required.
- CATIA V5 expertise is required.
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company