Ref. number: APCR518
Type of Job: Contract/Permanent
Our client is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world with operations in both the UK and China. With 2012 vehicle sales in excess of 4.5 million they have ambitious growth plans to build on their past success through the development and introduction of class leading products. In order to achieve its growth plans, our client is seeking to strengthen its engineering team through the recruitment of highly competent professionals to join existing teams working on current and future engineering projects of strategic importance to the Company.
They are currently looking for a Powertrain Mount Lead engineer to provide the concept definition for new power unit mounting applications into new and existing vehicles.
- Concept layout of powertrain mounting system, from first principles, in support of driveability, NVH and durability targets.
- Project management of the powertrain mounting system during simulator and prototype vehicle builds
- System/component design to support simulator prototype and production build phases.
- Catia v5 3d & 2d CAD creation with appropriate data management and release.
- Procurement of parts, liaison with prototype manufacturers & external suppliers to ensure timely support of the build phases.
- Generation of Product Design Specifications (PDS).
- Generation of Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Engineering input for supplier nomination process.
- Assistance with definition of technology strategy for components
- Generation of concept Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in conjunction with the nominated supplier.
- Component design, development and test to optimise chassis performance.
- Liaison with all relevant areas (Powertrain, NVH, Vehicle Performance) to ensure that component designs satisfy vehicle performance requirements
- Checking of supplier drawings for accuracy/appropriate tolerances to satisfy system technical targets..
Skills and knowledge required:
- Previous experience of setting targets and specifications for Passenger Car Engine Mounting Systems
- Knowledge of relevant NVH testing and analysis of results.
- Ability to assess and understand CMS performance of a test vehicle – driving licence, advanced driving capability and test track driving experience is required.
- Demonstrable delivery and supplier management skills, preferably within OEM
- Good PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Detailed design experience with a proven delivery track record.
- Catia v5 design expertise is required.
- Travel to China to support design reviews and vehicle assessments is essential.
Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company.